Titan One and Xim4.

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Titan One and Xim4.

Postby lokirevamped » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:48 am

I was told that the two work together but they do not, that was the reason why I purchased it. Do you all plan to make them compatible like the Xim3?
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Titan One and Xim4.

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:46 am

Technically it is suppose to work, as the XIM4 communicates using the regular console<->gamepad protocol. Titan One should identify the XIM4 as a regular gamepad. But I never tested XIM4 to make sure.

What happens when you connect XIM4 on Titan One? The LED display keep flashing a "E"? or something else?

And, on XIM4 configuration, there is any way to choose the output protocol? (PS3/XBox360/XBox One/PS4)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby lokirevamped » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Support J2K wrote:Technically it is suppose to work, as the XIM4 communicates using the regular console<->gamepad protocol. Titan One should identify the XIM4 as a regular gamepad. But I never tested XIM4 to make sure.

What happens when you connect XIM4 on Titan One? The LED display keep flashing a "E"? or something else?

And, on XIM4 configuration, there is any way to choose the output protocol? (PS3/XBox360/XBox One/PS4)

I'll check on this when I get home.
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby lokirevamped » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:36 am

Support J2K wrote:Technically it is suppose to work, as the XIM4 communicates using the regular console<->gamepad protocol. Titan One should identify the XIM4 as a regular gamepad. But I never tested XIM4 to make sure.

On the Xim4 every output is now decided when you choose the game. When I plug the Titan One into the Xbox one I get the AU, when I plug the controller into the titan one I get the 0 and everything works fine. When I unplug the xbox controller I get the waiting for new input icons on the titan one, I now plug the controller back into the Xim4 and the Xim4 into the titan one, I get the 0 but the controller no longer works or the xim4 doesn't work. I also did it in reverse, plugged the XIm4 in first, got it to work and then plugged in the titan one while the xim4 was still plugged in, I then unplugged the controller and plugged it into the titan one, the led would not go past the AU, once I unplugged the XIm4 the led on the titan One displayed the 0. I really wanted to use them both together, I know it was random last time, I hope is random once again.
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm suspecting that XIM4 is awaiting authentication for the XBox One before it can send the controller buttons reports. Not sure though, it is just a guess.

Do you have a PS3 to test? as it does not requires authentication to work.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby lokirevamped » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Support J2K wrote:I'm suspecting that XIM4 is awaiting authentication for the XBox One before it can send the controller buttons reports. Not sure though, it is just a guess.

Yes, I can try when I get home. If it's waiting for authentication from the xbox one, I guess it's a no go being the titan one has already taken this step?
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Always there is a workaround. But if that confirms, I'll probably need to get a XIM4 myself for further testings.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby lokirevamped » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Support J2K wrote:Always there is a workaround. But if that confirms, I'll probably need to get a XIM4 myself for further testings.

Thank You, I will let you know my findings when I get home.
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby lokirevamped » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:37 am

Support J2K wrote:I'm suspecting that XIM4 is awaiting authentication for the XBox One before it can send the controller buttons reports. Not sure though, it is just a guess.

I just tested the same setup on the Xbox 360, the Xim4 worked flawlessly with the Titan One.
lokirevamped
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Alright ... so XIM4 is waiting for something, probably the authentication sequence.

Can you do a last test? if you didn't yet. Connect the xbox one controller on XIM4. XIM4 on Titan One, and - the last step - Titan One on XBox One.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices