Happy XIM4 User ordered additionally a T1. Questions ;)

Forum to discuss the scripts, configs and connection of XIM with the Titan devices.

Moderator: antithesis

Happy XIM4 User ordered additionally a T1. Questions ;)

Postby cy2u5 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 pm

Hey guys,

I am a happy XIM4 user since about 1 month. I play Uncharted 4 with a keyboard and a mouse and I must say, that it is an amazing feeling playing this way. I use a standard PC keyboard and a Logitech G502 Proteus Core Mouse.

I have an idea and need the help from you T1 experts.

I use left-mousebutton for Fire (R2) and right-mousebutton for aiming/ADS (L2).
Withing the Xim4 Software I can set a second button for Fire (R2).
My thought was to use the middle mousebutton when I am using a pistol. This and only this button should have rapid fire.

So while googleing I found out that a Titan One can implement rapid fire. Great thing! I directly ordered one and I'll get in 2 days.

Can you verify me that my plan is possible to realize?

Should I set the middle-mousebutton as the second fire button in the Xim4 Manager or in GTuner?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
cy2u5
cy2u5
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Happy XIM4 User ordered additionally a T1. Questions ;)

Postby antithesis » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 am

Both the Xim and Titan One can only bind keys to in-game actions.

You can easily set Shoot to both L-click and Middle Mouse using the Xim, but you can't just bind a Rapidfire action to "Middle Mouse" via Titan One - it's always bound to the in-game button for "Shoot" rather than a keyboard or mouse key.

I don't think what you want to do is possible quite simply because Rapidfire is bound to "Shoot", not "Middle", but depending on spare buttons in UC4, you could bind Rapidfire as a toggle.

I do this in Destiny to set R3 as an on/off Rapidfire toggle, then bind R3 as a Secondary Binding on the Xim for Change Weapon. So when I change from Primary (RF enabled) to Secondary (RF disabled), I can fire Fusion Rifles, which don't work with RF enabled.

I hope that makes sense...
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:46 am

It looks like L3, D-pad Down and D-pad Right are all spare in UC4 MP. So you could bind a RF toggle to L3, bind L3 to whatever key / mouse you want to use via Xim and depress it whenever you want RF toggled for Pistol.

Or bind L3 as a Secondary Button for Select Weapon and the RF will toggle on/off whenever D-pad Left is pressed. I use LEDs to indicate when RF is enabled - green for on, red for off, which makes it obvious enough.

I'm yet to play UC4, so I don't know how Select Weapon works, but in short, you do have options for a RF toggle.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby antithesis » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:58 am

To clarify that a bit...

In Destiny, I bind R3 to V on the Xim as the Primary button. Pressing V toggles Rapidfire on/off.
R3 set as a toggle for the Rapidfire script on the Titan One. If RF is On, all shots fired from all weapons are Rapidfire.
ScrollDn is bound to R3 on the Xim as a Secondary button.
ScrollDn is bound as the Primary button for Change Weapon.

So, whenever I scroll down on my mouse to Change Weapon, Rapidfire is toggled on/off at the same time. This saves me some thinking time and ensures that Rapidfire is ONLY enabled for my Primary weapon, not my Secondary or my Heavy.

It's a workaround that takes advantage of Secondary buttons on the Xim, but it'd be possible to do a similar thing in Uncharted 4 so RF is only enabled for Pistol.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby cy2u5 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:03 am

Hey!

Thank you so much for your great answers, that clears everything.

I think in my case the toggle feature could be very helpful. I'll try that firstly.

You said that a LED will show me if rf is on or not. Do you mean the LED on the T1 or on the Xim4?

Best regards,
cy2u5
cy2u5
Corporal
Corporal

Postby antithesis » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:07 am

cy2u5 wrote:Hey!

Thank you so much for your great answers, that clears everything.

I think in my case the toggle feature could be very helpful. I'll try that firstly.

You said that a LED will show me if rf is on or not. Do you mean the LED on the T1 or on the Xim4?

Best regards,
cy2u5

The LED on the Titan One. There's a simple script for that.

The T1 LED passes through to the DualShock controller on PS4. I turn that around and sit it on top of my Xim, so I can easily tell if RF is enabled/disabled in my peripheral vision.
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Return to XIM Apex, XIM4, XIM Edge with Titan devices