Question about the remapper

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Question about the remapper

Postby ProjectA2O » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:05 pm

How do I attach 2 button commands to 1 button press with the remapper. ex Circle = Square/Cross ?
ProjectA2O
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Question about the remapper

Postby Mad » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:29 pm

ProjectA2O wrote:How do I attach 2 button commands to 1 button press with the remapper. ex Circle = Square/Cross ?

You will need a script to do this.
Code: Select all
#include <ps4.gph>

main {
    if(is_active(PS4_CIRCLE)) {
        set_val(PS4_CIRCLE, 0);
        set_val(PS4_SQUARE, 100);
        set_val(PS4_CROSS, 100);
    }
}
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby ProjectA2O » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:19 am

Awesome thank you Mad for the script and J2Kbr for posting the script in the other thread.

I have however encountered an issue and would greatly appreciate some help if possible.

So I set up the script and it works with the game when I'm using it wireless with the bluetooth module but the game also uses the light bar on the DS4 to track a cursor position in game and the T2 doesnt seem to read the light bar mechanics?

I also tried using the DS4 over usb and I get the opposite problem the light bar mechanic in the game works fine but the script for some reason wont register.

Any ideas?
ProjectA2O
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:09 pm

ProjectA2O wrote:I also tried using the DS4 over usb and I get the opposite problem the light bar mechanic in the game works fine but the script for some reason wont register. Any ideas?

Please check if the PS4 is configured to use USB communication, as the following:

Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ProjectA2O » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:19 am

J2Kbr wrote:
ProjectA2O wrote:I also tried using the DS4 over usb and I get the opposite problem the light bar mechanic in the game works fine but the script for some reason wont register. Any ideas?

Please check if the PS4 is configured to use USB communication, as the following:

Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.

That was the issue it was set to the other communication method thanks for sorting me out.

So is there a way to get this working using the T2 bluetooth module as well or is it limited to using the usb method?
ProjectA2O
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 am

By Bluetooth, you refer to controller connection with the Titan Two? or the Titan Two connection to the PS4 console?

In any case, the script should work just fine. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ProjectA2O » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:33 pm

I have the Titan2 connected to the PS4 with USB and the controller connected to the Titan2 via bluetooth. The script works fine but the light bar doesn't work properly with the game when I do this, is this normal because I am using a script or is there something I am missing.
ProjectA2O
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:28 am

ProjectA2O wrote:I have the Titan2 connected to the PS4 with USB and the controller connected to the Titan2 via bluetooth. The script works fine but the light bar doesn't work properly with the game when I do this, is this normal because I am using a script or is there something I am missing.

The script can overwrite the lightbar color, usually this is done to provide a feedback about the script operation to the user.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner IV Support