Need Prior Version of Firmware Titan IV

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Need Prior Version of Firmware Titan IV

Postby Kidd23 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:28 pm

Hi All,

It seems when I update to the latest version of the firmware 1.8.3.1 for the Titan Two, it crashes my device. I have reinstalled it 3 times. Every time I reinstall, the same thing happens - the PROG Led flashes Red and the device does not work.

This issue started happening immediately when I updated the firmware today (Windows 10, 64 bit)

I have been using the Titan Two for the last year without any issues, prior to the most recent update.

Does anyone know how to revert back to the prior version or have a solution for this?
Kidd23
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Need Prior Version of Firmware Titan IV

Postby Scachi » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:20 pm

there is no "revert back" ..
"reinstalled 3 times" .. how did you do the reinstall ?
unplugged the T2, hold down both front buttons and connect the prog to the pc while holding down the two buttons.
now start gtuner and do "Tools->Check for Updates" .. this should do a clean reinstall of the firmware
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Kidd23 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:00 pm

Scachi wrote:there is no "revert back" ..
"reinstalled 3 times" .. how did you do the reinstall ?
unplugged the T2, hold down both front buttons and connect the prog to the pc while holding down the two buttons.
now start gtuner and do "Tools->Check for Updates" .. this should do a clean reinstall of the firmware

I would redownload the update, extract it, and try again. I have tried holding down both buttons, then plugging in the the USB, check for updates multiple times. It allows to reprogram again, but same thing happens again. When it's done updating the FM, the PROG Led flashes red and the device no longer works.

Any other ideas?
Kidd23
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Try this: before plug the USB cable to the Titan Two PROG port, press and hold the LEFT button of the Device.

This will power up the Titan Two in "safe mode", forcing full-speed to the PROG interface. If the device works normally, on Gtuner IV go to Device Configuration and check the option to force PROG port to Full-speed.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Kidd23 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:15 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Try this: before plug the USB cable to the Titan Two PROG port, press and hold the LEFT button of the Device.

This will power up the Titan Two in "safe mode", forcing full-speed to the PROG interface. If the device works normally, on Gtuner IV go to Device Configuration and check the option to force PROG port to Full-speed.

I tried holding down one button at a time prior and then plugging in, nothing happen. I tried the left prior to plug in, nothing happen. I then tried the right button, and then plug in, nothing happen.

If I hold both buttons, I am able to go into programing, but no additional options are available. At that point, all I can do is check for updates. The device goes through the motions like it's updating and finishes... however at the end, the same thing happens every time. Red light and the device is not recognized by PC and does not communicate at all.

This happen on both computers I've tried with multiple USB cables.

Any other ideas, I'm open to trying anything to get back to functioning.
Kidd23
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:53 pm

This is very intriguing.

Please check if connecting the Titan Two the console via OUTPUT port the corresponding status LED turns GREEN. The same if you connect a controller at Input-A (the LED turns GREEN?). Can you operate the console with the controller?

With this I want to know if at least these parts are operational and the problem is only with the PROG interface.

Also, are you using Gtuner IV 1.08 (latest version)? via self-update or downloaded from the link below?

https://www.consoletuner.com/titan-two-downloads/

Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Kidd23 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:25 pm

J2Kbr wrote:This is very intriguing.

Please check if connecting the Titan Two the console via OUTPUT port the corresponding status LED turns GREEN. The same if you connect a controller at Input-A (the LED turns GREEN?). Can you operate the console with the controller?

With this I want to know if at least these parts are operational and the problem is only with the PROG interface.

Also, are you using Gtuner IV 1.08 (latest version)? via self-update or downloaded from the link below?

https://www.consoletuner.com/titan-two-downloads/

Thanks.

Neither the Output nor the PROG ports work after the update. Normally I have both USB plug in at the same time to different USB ports to test and code. To trouble shoot, I have tried each by itself and neither work. Now it’s only a red flashing light when the PROG is plugged in and nothing when the Output is plugged in by itself.

As for the software, I've downloaded it both from within the device menu and going directly to the link above. As of today there is a new version to download, version 1.8.3.2

All this started immediately after updating to version 1.8.3.1, prior to that, everything worked perfectly.

P.S. I've also tried removing the memory card and the blue tooth adapter, but that made no difference.
Kidd23
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby DontAtMe » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Kidd23 wrote:To trouble shoot, I have tried each by itself and neither work. Now it’s only a red flashing light when the PROG is plugged in and nothing when the Output is plugged in by itself.

If possible, could you provide a video of this occurrence?
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby Kidd23 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:32 pm

DontAtMe wrote:
Kidd23 wrote:To trouble shoot, I have tried each by itself and neither work. Now it’s only a red flashing light when the PROG is plugged in and nothing when the Output is plugged in by itself.

If possible, could you provide a video of this occurrence?

Sure, my pleasure.

Sorry for the delay, first day off work. I did the best I could with my phone. It was a bit hard to shoot the video while holding my phone, hold buttons, and plugging in the USB... please ignore the weird angles, lol.

The video stopped midway through recording, so it's two parts.

Video 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F81spmXa0xk
Video 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldqF1jEXJEc&t

Let me know if you need any more info

Thanks
Kidd23
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Thank you for making the videos. You are doing everything correct.

Is your Titan Two equipped with Bluetooth module and or sd-card? if yes, have you tried remove theses to check if the device works?

Before the 1.8.3.1 update, do you remember the installed firmware version? I don't recall to have changed anything that could cause such issue, but I want recheck the changelogs to see if there is some change that can be causing this behavior.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support