Gtuner IV Pro Suggestions & Comments

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Gtuner IV Pro Suggestions & Comments

Postby UK_Wildcats » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:00 pm

The Gtuner download and ordering topic is getting large with a variety of topics discussed. Therefore, I thought that it would be helpful to have a single topic to suggest Gtuner IV software suggestions and comments.

1. I like being able to download the zip and run the exe. By not having to install it, I can run it from work or take it on the fly.

2. Tools - Preferences - Toolbar Labels: As a default, I would have this set to "Under Icons" since this will help most new users

3. Saving after compiles? It seems that it auto saves after each compile. I don't know how I feel about this. For example, I made a quick change to see how changing the initial call out would affect the compile. Maybe I don't want that part saved. Maybe prompt to save file or save a tmp file until the save button is pressed?

4. Recent Files: It would be nice to have a Recent Icon next to Open in the Toolbar

5. File Explorer: It would be nice to have the basic window folder options available without having to search (i.e. Desktop folder)

6. I really like that the various panes can be resized
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Gtuner IV Pro Suggestions & Comments

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:53 pm

1. That seems to be an general consensus, so let's keep this way.

2. You got it. Easy and quick change.

3. That is actually required now, as an script can be split in many files. In opposing of Titan One, where just one file is used and the compiler works with the code in memory. With Titan Two and Gtuner IV the compiler read the files from the disk, so it is needed first save the changes before compiling. This is how most compilers works. To revert any undesired changes there is the undo command.

4. Understood. I think it will not be hard have that on the toolbar.

5. This might be a little bit more complicated. I will check that after get back to my office.

6. :) -- there are still some work to do with the panes, specially when resizing and maximizing the main window, which now does not keep the configured geometry.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:15 pm

i know this is still under development.

1. but i would like to see a function/combo explorer (, a explorer (listbox) or a combobox that list all the function-names and combo-names, main function (and if possible variables as well) so when we select it, it takes us to that part of the code.
2. if possible a better error notification when compiler throws an error. :P

just a few beta bugs notification.
-the change of language is not working. i selected spanish, restarted the program and an error message shows on the output window. maybe it is not implemented yet or a bug.
-the find/replace window keeps appearing for no reason if i select Tools->Preferences-Ok when dockable find/replace panel is enabled.
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:22 pm

@FCB77

1. This is a very good and useful idea. It shouldn't be hard to implement.

2. Specific compiler error messages pretty much does not exits (only a generic error message). I still have a lot to do on this matter.

3.A. Correct, no translation were made yet. The process of translate Gtuner IV is relatively simple. I will post details about that after get back to my office. Any help on that would be very appreciated. In the worst case scenario I will get a professional company to do the translations.

3.B. Okay, I need check that Thanks for reporting.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby UK_Wildcats » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:20 pm

J2Kbr wrote:@FCB77

1. This is a very good and useful idea. It shouldn't be hard to implement.

2. Specific compiler error messages pretty much does not exits (only a generic error message). I still have a lot to do on this matter.

3.A. Correct, no translation were made yet. The process of translate Gtuner IV is relatively simple. I will post details about that after get back to my office. Any help on that would be very appreciated. In the worst case scenario I will get a professional company to do the translations.

3.B. Okay, I need check that Thanks for reporting.

1. Instead of online website documentation. You could also build the descriptions, syntax, etc. for these function within the Gtuner IV software, which is where it is needed. Therefore, you could get a list and/or possible as part of this.
UK_Wildcats
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:33 pm

Yep... That sounds to be a really useful feature to have! But it is other feature, different from what FCB77 suggested, which is a list of variables, functions and combos that were declarated by the programmer
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:09 am

yes something like this. i did this for notepad++ long ago. but main is not included nor variables names.
better if gtuner has it build in. notepadd++ requires Regex knowledge and im not good at it.

i thought the translations were done because i can see the translation files under GTuner4->lib->Translations.
gt_es.qm and es.pak, so these files are something else.

yes i can help with spanish translation if you need it., many people here speak different languages so maybe we all can help with that. :a1chill_angry1:
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:43 am

Appreciated! :) Those translation files are for the framework components, not for Gtuner IV.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby pablosscripts » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:18 am

UK_Wildcats_Fans wrote:2. Tools - Preferences - Toolbar Labels: As a default, I would have this set to "Under Icons" since this will help most new users

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4637
Setup: XIM Apex, T2, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, SteelSeries 4HD pad, DXRacer armrest, LucidSound LS30 headset, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR

My R6 script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM
pablosscripts
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby PaulaTheKoala » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:15 pm

- When publishing, the checkbox to replace your existing script should be checked by default. (or If checked once remember and stay checked for the next time)

- The search window should be closable with the escape key but only If it's a floating window.
PaulaTheKoala
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Gtuner IV Support