Input Translator/Joycons

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Input Translator/Joycons

Postby Kalokay » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:05 pm

Edit: The issue I mentioned here before got fixed with an even more recent firmware update (I'm now able to turn off the gyro and accelerometer inputs for the left joycon using the input translator).

I'm still having a bit of an issue with motion in my right joycon, however. While the motion inputs side to side work great, I'm getting weirdness when motion aiming up and down - specifically, the aiming cursor will move up a small amount and then pull back down to center. I'll have to play around with it a little more and see if there's anything I can do to fix it.
Kalokay
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Input Translator/Joycons

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:53 am

The update with this feature was released yesterday, on the Input Translator you can disable the inputs not needed. In your case it will be

ACCEL_2_X
ACCEL_2_Y
ACCEL_2_Z
GYRO_1_X
GYRO_1_Y
GYRO_1_Z

Also check only the BT-B in the remapper mask.

Load the input translator, connect your right joncon first, only then the left joncon.

This configuration can also be done via script, please let me know if you need help for this approach.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Input Translator/Joycons

Postby Kalokay » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Yeah, for some reason when I first posted, this newest update wasn’t available, but I was able to get this part of it since then.

It still doesn’t feel quite as reponsive as motion controls when connected directly to the Switch, but I have to imagine some of that has to do with messing with the settings via scripts. If you have any suggestions for what accel/gyro settings will best mimic how motion feels without thr T2, that would be helpful. Otherwise, I’m going to trial and error this thing.
Kalokay
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Gtuner IV Support