PUBG: Character sprinting automatically?

Gtuner IV general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

PUBG: Character sprinting automatically?

Postby nycz » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:59 am

Hey all, wondering if anyone is having an issue with character sprinting forward automatically in PUBG (going on auto run sometimes when only tapping the left stick forward lightly)?

There was a time a while back where a similar issue was happening without T2, but right now it only seems to happen with T2 on? Wondering if I’m the only one?
nycz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: PUBG: Character sprinting automatically?

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:32 am

It can be a bug on the game (as you mentioned), or you are using a script or gamepack with auto sprint enabled.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby nycz » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Hi J2K, I'm using the PUBG gamepack. Is there an auto sprint in this pack? I was testing the different Easy Sprint options and this is what happened:

Activated on move stick forward: This is where the problem kept happening for me.
Activated on move stick fully forward: I don't think I was getting the issue here, but I also wasn't able to sprint consistently upon pressing forward fully? Sometimes it worked, sometimes not, didn't feel reliable.
Activated on double tap move stick forward: This wasn't working for me at all and bug didn't happen here either.
The problem isn't happening for me when it's disabled, but I would really like to keep first option on.

I've tried various deadzone settings from lowest to highest makes no difference.

Just another question for you as it's possible related: When aiming and moving forward, my character automatically tilts to the left. Is this related to sprint/unavoidable? Similar to not being able to drive a vehicle with rapid fire on?
nycz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:01 pm

For the "Not being able to drive vehicle with rapid fire on":

You can set the first one "Fire Mode" to: "Activated on full press fire trigger"
and its Fire Mode to: "Disabled"

Set the second one "ALTERNATE FIRE MODE"
and its Fire Mode to the rapid fire mode you want to use.

This will allow you to driver a vehicle full speed on full trigger press
and allow to use rapid fire if you do not full press the trigger, pressing it just a bit.

This is how I use rapid fire in a lot of games: full press = normal, little press = rapid
It takes a bit time to get used to it but works fine in most games.
For firing a weapon rapid or full-auto is the same. press a bit for rapid, full for full-auto.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby nycz » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:25 pm

Nice, thank you Scachi! Tried your steps out and it works. Does take some getting used to, but better than what I was doing which was turning the mod on/off every time I wanted to drive.

Being able to sprint(without having auto sprint turned on) is the only thing I have left to get this mod working perfectly.
For the character left tilt aim issue, it only happen when Easy Sprint is on, so the two appear related for me.
nycz
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to Gtuner IV Support