[Fix Request] Halo MCC - Halo 2 Classic custom script

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: [Fix Request] Halo MCC - Halo 2 Classic custom script

Postby Squidward » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:18 pm

Scachi wrote:I have added a recording feature to the script version 1.02 maybe this will allow to set the timings to work correctly.

Select the rrxyy fire mode in the interactive configuration.

When you now hold down LS AND RS for 3 seconds the led will blink yellow.

Now do your RRXYY manually.
It will save the timing of each button press/release back to the Interactive Configuration.
You have to do the complete combo manually AND end the recording (after releasing the Y a second time) with R again.
The T2 LED will show the number of the step it is currently at:
1 : wait for fire press
2 : wait for fire release
3 : wait for fire press
4 : wait for fire release
5 : wait for reload press
6 : wait for reload release
7 : wait for weapon press
8 : wait for weapon release
9 : wait for weapon press
0. : wait for weapon release
1. : wait for fire press (this will save the time of the second weapon release timing ( 0. )

after 11 ( 1. ) it will write the times back to the Interactive Configuration and end the recording and set the T2 LED back and stops blinking yellow.

Ok, I'll give this a try again and report back. Thank you.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Scachi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:17 am

Here are the almost unchanged recording as macros in small scripts that only runs your recording when holding rt.
This is for you to test if one of those works reliable.

The only things I changed in those macros are the start end stop timings as there were some idles times at the start and some more presses at the end of the combo that looked like they where belonging to another try of you shooting.

If it isn't waiting long enough or too long before the next macro shot you can adjust the last wait time in that combo.

So they are basically unchanged. If one of those works reliable I can just put that one into the combo in the complete script.
Attachments
fast.gpc
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
medium.gpc
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
slow.gpc
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Squidward » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:13 am

Scachi wrote:I have added a recording feature to the script version 1.02 maybe this will allow to set the timings to work correctly.

Select the rrxyy fire mode in the interactive configuration.

When you now hold down LS AND RS for 3 seconds the led will blink yellow.

Now do your RRXYY manually.
It will save the timing of each button press/release back to the Interactive Configuration.
You have to do the complete combo manually AND end the recording (after releasing the Y a second time) with R again.
The T2 LED will show the number of the step it is currently at:
1 : wait for fire press
2 : wait for fire release
3 : wait for fire press
4 : wait for fire release
5 : wait for reload press
6 : wait for reload release
7 : wait for weapon press
8 : wait for weapon release
9 : wait for weapon press
0. : wait for weapon release
1. : wait for fire press (this will save the time of the second weapon release timing ( 0. )

after 11 ( 1. ) it will write the times back to the Interactive Configuration and end the recording and set the T2 LED back and stops blinking yellow.

So I tried all three of the gpc scripts in your previous post and they each don't fire off consistently. I don't know why, but they just keep stopping to reload mid-combo. So because of that, I attempted more Doubleshots manually. I had a harder time with it today than usual, at first. I was trying to use your above macro recorder in your script but I just could not nail a doubleshot even one time while using it. I'm so bad at doing a doubleshot that I only can land it like once every 5-10 attempts. But my issue I was having with your script macro recorder was this: I would hold both sticks for a few seconds and could see it was in recorder mode. Then I would attempt to doubleshoot. But each time I did that, I would mess it up on the first try and have to start over. I did this over and over again for 45 minutes straight before giving up on it and switching back to using the regular input recorder in Gtuner like before. Then I was finally successful.

I have three more doubleshot input recordings below. For clarification, a doubleshot is actually the button combo of RRX. A quad shot is two RRX combos tied together with a YY in the middle to cancel the animation-less reload that happens after an RRX. So a quadshot is just RRXYYRRXYY. The difference between these three recordings and my original three recordings from the other day is these are ONLY doubleshots (RRX). Meaning, they're only the RRX combo and don't have the YY or the second doubleshot (RRX). I wanted to clarify this so that when you go to take these input recordings and put them in a script, a YY combo will need to be added to them in order for them to be looped.

I feel all three of these are pretty good, especially the last one. Now the first two recordings actually have a bunch of failed input attempts at a successful RRX combo. But in the case of both of those input recordings, the last set of input is the successful RRX. So before those are put in a script, the unsuccessful inputs before the RRX combo need to be removed. And, finally, the third input recording below was a successful RRX combo all by itself. I hit record on the input recorder in Gtuner and performed just an RRX combo on the first try. This one, I felt, was the best one. What I mean by that is that all 6 shots fired out super fast with seemingly no delay in between the first and second 3 round burst.

There is a bit of idle time before and after each of the successful RRX combos, so you can just trim those. But remember that in order to loop these, we'll need to add a working YY loop to them, which I did not record.

Note to remember: I'm on Universal Bump & Jump button layout.

First input recording with successful RRX combo at the end:
RRX-Doubleshot_at_end_of_recording-1.gmk
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 204 times

Second input recording with successful RRX combo at the end:
RRX-Doubleshot_at_end_of_recording-2.gmk
(366 Bytes) Downloaded 210 times

Third input recording where the only input recorded was a single, successful RRX combo. This is the one I feel might be best:
RRX-Doubleshot-ONLY_Possibly-best.gmk
(141 Bytes) Downloaded 217 times

------------------------------

Edit: So looking at the gpc code of the RRX-Doubleshot-ONLY_Possibly-best.gmk after exporting from macro to combo, it kind of looks like I hit the reload button more than once. So that most likely won't be necessary in the final script. Also, there is a pretty long bit of idle time before and after that combo's execution that should be trimmed. I'm not sure where to trim it though.

Another thing: I looked at the macro to combo gpc for the RRX-Doubleshot_at_end_of_recording-1.gmk and like I said before, there was a lot of extra input at the beginning of the macro that needs to be trimmed. But after looking at the gpc code, I'm not sure 100% where the unsuccessful combo attempts end and the successful RRX combo input begins. I do have one idea... I see that there's a wait(1970); right before what looks like the successful combo. I noticed the same thing with RRX-Doubleshot_at_end_of_recording-2.gmk. I see a wait(1820); right before what appears to be the successful RRX combo at the end of the gpc.
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Scachi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:44 am

If none of the three scripts worked reliable then this might be just not possible or very hard to get it to work.
The three files used your recordings.
I am sorry but it looks like I can't help you as I am not on xbox to test it myself.

The GTuner IV macro recorder can be used to playback your recording directly.
load your gmk file and hit the play (Test and Debug ) button and it should play back your gmk file.
You can remove parts of the recordings easily with the editor.
So you can test it directly yourself.

Or export it to a macro and replace the macro in one of the three script with it to test it.
This way you can manually edit/adjust the wait times and remove other inputs you don't need like the time at the start.

If you get that working reliable I can add it to the script.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Squidward » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Scachi wrote:If none of the three scripts worked reliable then this might be just not possible or very hard to get it to work.
The three files used your recordings.
I am sorry but it looks like I can't help you as I am not on xbox to test it myself.

The GTuner IV macro recorder can be used to playback your recording directly.
load your gmk file and hit the play (Test and Debug ) button and it should play back your gmk file.
You can remove parts of the recordings easily with the editor.
So you can test it directly yourself.

Or export it to a macro and replace the macro in one of the three script with it to test it.
This way you can manually edit/adjust the wait times and remove other inputs you don't need like the time at the start.

If you get that working reliable I can add it to the script.

Ok, so I'm still waiting to have J2Kbr test the timings below, but in the meantime, can you take the RRXYY timings I have below and add them to the script for me? I want to see how well it works in your script.

I shared the combo here:

–– viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9989&start=20#p73492 ––

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

EDIT:

I also have some other combo changes that I was hoping that you could change in your script while you're making the above change?

I have two combos below that I've modified in your script and another two combos that are from a BF1 script that I use.

The below two timings I was hoping that you could change in your script for me:

Modifed fast reload
I've changed this to call the YY combo instead of doing a melee to cancel the reload:
Code: Select all
combo FastReload {
    set_val(B_RELOAD, 100);
    wait(400); wait(600);
    call(YY);
    set_val(B_RELOAD, 0.00);
}

Improved Doubleshot melee combo timings
I've somewhat improved the timings of this combo to kind of use the timings from my improved doubleshot script you'll be adding above:
combo RRBx {
    set_val(B_RFIRE, 100.00);
    wait(130);
    set_val(B_RFIRE, 0.00);
    wait(40);
    set_val(B_RFIRE, 100.00);
    wait(10);
    set_val(B_MELEE, 100);
    wait(50);wait(200);
    set_val(B_RELOAD, 100);
    wait(60);
    set_val(B_RFIRE, 0.00);
    set_val(B_RELOAD, 0.00);
    wait(130);
    call(YY);
    wait(300);
}

Now the below two combos are rumble notified combos that I use in a different BF1 script. I much prefer the timings of these rumble notifiers. The rumble notifiers in your original script do notify me of what I want, but I've noticed that each vibration is just too short and the delay between each rumble is too small.

I prefer how long each of the below rumbles are with how long the delays between each of the rumbles are.

Could you modify your script to use similar timings to these rumble notifiers?
combo OffRumbleNotifier
{
    ffb_set(FFB_1, 100.0, 180);
    wait(0); wait(200);
    ffb_set(FFB_1, 0.0, 180);
    wait(0); wait(200);
}

combo OnRumbleNotifier
{
    wait(0); wait(200);
    wait(0); wait(200);
    wait(0); wait(200);
    wait(0); wait(200);
}
Squidward
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Scachi » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:03 am

I have uploaded version 1.03 with all your changes applied.
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby HALO2PRO » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:29 pm

Anyone got good HALO 2 MCC scripts?
HALO2PRO
Private
Private

Previous

Return to GPC2 Script Programming