Splatoon 2 + Titan two

GPC2 script programming for Titan Two. Code examples, questions, requests.

Re: Splatoon 2 + Titan two

Postby samchan119 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:30 am

osbor wrote:
samchan119 wrote:After plugging in power cable to titan two, i notice that the mouse translation becomes more smooth and responsive.

that's weird, i didn't think the T2 would get better while on external power, does it run in an underclocked state without an external power source?

Dont know why , but it does improve my performance
samchan119
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:27 pm

I agreed with osbor, the device should have same performance with or without the external power supply. Unless under circumstances where there are multiple devices connected on the Titan Two and the USB port of the console is not capable to supply enough power, resulting in performance degradation and random disconnections.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby osbor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:00 pm

oh man, getting super excite about the new implementation.
snap shots with charger (the sniper rifle) should be way easier on mouse than on gyro, got 15 years of mouse muscle memory and 8 months of gyro
osbor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby samchan119 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:23 am

any luck for the gyro translation ?
samchan119
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Squid » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:26 am

-Gyro translation is possible BUT very difficult. The Y axis is a relative and not absolute position, it's hard to translate from mouse motion into that. J2Kbr has stated it's possible, but would require significant development investment. True gyro translation has the potential to be indistinguishable from mouse input, because gyro input to the switch is much smoother and developed better, stick aiming was an afterthought for the splatoon 2 devs

I registered here just to say thank you for this! I was searching a lot trying to find this answer (first - if it would be possible, then - if would be very hard to implement). My search finally meets an end (not the one I was hoping for, but...). I would love to be able to play with mouse having the same capabilities that gyro has (but without its negatives). Well, I'm sad now.
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Squid » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:39 am

Sorry the double post

osbor wrote:yay it's fixed, thanks.
possibly something to look into while you're under the hood, there seems to be a sensitivity or look movement speed drop or something while you're swimming in ink and trying to look around, like it's tugging on your reticle. not sure what might be causing that?

J2Kbr wrote:
osbor wrote:there seems to be a sensitivity or look movement speed drop or something while you're swimming in ink and trying to look around, like it's tugging on your reticle.

You are correct. I noticed that as well. While standing still the aiming is more sensitive than while walking/running/swimming. this is something on the game, not related with the Input Translator.

Are you guys doing the Y button trick? When you move your char the camera moves with you (I HATE THIS). But if you hold Y (the one that reset the camera), this will not happen. I use an adapter called COOV N100 (if it's not allowed to talk about it I'll delete the post) and it has a feature where I press the button once and it will remain pressed the whole match. I play with pro controller, so this helps a lot!

BTW, I'm from Brazil too, J2K :innocent_smile_1:
What a small world, isn't? o/
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Squid wrote:Are you guys doing the Y button trick? When you move your char the camera moves with you (I HATE THIS). But if you hold Y (the one that reset the camera), this will not happen. I use an adapter called COOV N100 (if it's not allowed to talk about it I'll delete the post) and it has a feature where I press the button once and it will remain pressed the whole match. I play with pro controller, so this helps a lot!

That is a very nice mod, implementing this is very easy with GPC script, example:
Code: Select all
bool y_toggle;

main {
    if(event_active(BUTTON_17)) {
        y_toggle = !y_toggle;
    }
    if(y_toggle) {
        set_val(BUTTON_17, 100.0);
    }
}

Squid wrote:BTW, I'm from Brazil too, J2K :innocent_smile_1: What a small world, isn't? o/

Com certeza é!! :joia: :joia: Muito feliz de ver um conterrâneo aqui.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby osbor » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:41 am

i'm hanging up splatoon until this translator is done, the gyro controls are too frustrating
osbor
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Squid » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Yeah, me too. I'm extremely frustrated with the motion control. Much more latency when comparing with the wii u, and its drift is bad.
Squid
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby sky418 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:20 pm

Just published.
Test and give feedback.
TXH J2Kbr.
sky418
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

PreviousNext