Controller vibration (ffb) not working as expected

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Controller vibration (ffb) not working as expected

Postby C75mitch » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:42 am

Hi,
I have just purchased a Titan2 so I can use my Xbox Elite controller with my new PS4.
The controller it’s self is working fine, but not the ffb.
Playing Overwatch using the PS4 controller I get continuously ffb when I press the trigger using Mercy, but using the Elite controller it only vibrates for a couple of seconds when the trigger is pressed.
I have tried adding a power supply to the Titan 2 in case it did not have enough power provided by the USB connection, but that made no difference. I have tried looking in the software at the configuration but can not see anything obvious in there.
Does anyone know how to get this to function correctly?
Many thanks,
Callum
C75mitch
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Controller vibration (ffb) not working as expected

Postby bonefisher » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:52 am

The rumbles on Xbox controller are different than PS4 controller which elite controller has two trigger rumbles which PS4 doesn't have and most likely this is why you don't receive the rumbles....
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby C75mitch » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks very much Bonefisher.

Do you know if there is any way to make it vibrate continually as per the PS4 controller or is it that the PS4 output is just incompatible to operate the Elite controller even with the Titan 2 in place?
C75mitch
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:22 am

C75mitch wrote:Playing Overwatch using the PS4 controller I get continuously ffb when I press the trigger using Mercy, but using the Elite controller it only vibrates for a couple of seconds when the trigger is pressed.

This shouldn't happen. Do you have any script/gamepack loaded? if yes, does this behavior also happens when there is no script/gamepack running? (with the Titan Two showing 0 on its display). Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby C75mitch » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 pm

J2Kbr wrote:
C75mitch wrote:Playing Overwatch using the PS4 controller I get continuously ffb when I press the trigger using Mercy, but using the Elite controller it only vibrates for a couple of seconds when the trigger is pressed.

This shouldn't happen. Do you have any script/gamepack loaded? if yes, does this behavior also happens when there is no script/gamepack running? (with the Titan Two showing 0 on its display). Thanks.

Hi J2Kbr,

Thanks for the reply. No, I don’t have any game packs loaded and it is displaying 0. I have the elite controller connected in the left usb (Input A) and the PS4 controller connected in the right usb (Input B)

It does the same with and without power connected to the Titan 2.

Thanks,

Callum
C75mitch
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Thanks, I will be checking this. To help me focus on the issue, please let me know if this is also noticeable when playing other games? or only with Overwatch using Mercy?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby bonefisher » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:02 pm

Look in device configuration panel to see if (Allow FFB on ports)you have INPUT A and B checked...If so just check INPUT A to do test to see if it clears problem!
bonefisher
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby C75mitch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:40 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thanks, I will be checking this. To help me focus on the issue, please let me know if this is also noticeable when playing other games? or only with Overwatch using Mercy?

Sorry for the late reply. It happens with all games. The vibration just start for a couple of seconds then stops.

Thanks,

Callum
C75mitch
Corporal
Corporal

Postby C75mitch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:41 pm

bonefisher wrote:Look in device configuration panel to see if (Allow FFB on ports)you have INPUT A and B checked...If so just check INPUT A to do test to see if it clears problem!

Hi, yes the ffb is enabled on both ports.

Thanks

Callum
C75mitch
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 pm

Thanks C75mitch for the provided information. I could not reproduce this issue. However, this week we will be releasing a firmware update with improvements on the XB1 drivers and hopefully the changes will also make some progress on what your are reporting.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device