Titan TWo September update

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Titan TWo September update

Postby HEMINN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:34 pm

Dear Titan Team

First of all I would like to thank you for your continuies development to the Titan. Unfornitly after your last update I came across the biggest problem, I used to connect my titan two to device plus without any problem but after this update my controller will disconnect after a couple of minutes the controller light par will remain but none of the buttons will fuction at all. Please I just need to get back to update 1.4.3 it was fine for me. can you please help.
HEMINN
Private
Private

Re: Titan TWo September update

Postby Mad » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:52 am

Have you tried the beta? Instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13510
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Please inform which controller you are using on the other device as well as what is the output protocol you have set on this device. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Entropy512 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 am

Mad wrote:Have you tried the beta? Instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13510

Huh, looking at the dates, you posted this on September 29, and the beta was released to production on September 11?

I'm having similar problems - PS4 Pro host, Dualshock 4 in primary port for authentication, Xbox One Elite controller used for actual control. This setup started having issues sometime in mid-late summer (and I seriously can't remember if that coincided with a T2 firmware update...), I had been assuming it was hardware or power issues until seeing this.

It definitely got SIGNIFICANTLY worse with the PS4 7.00 update on Tuesday. It seems more likely to happen when the game I'm playing is doing a scene change or has heavy action. (Framerate drop or high CPU load causing a buffer overflow somewhere? Disabling the USB buffer seems like a really bad idea...)

I'll try to dig up the exact configuration tomorrow, I'm booted into Linux at the moment.

Edit: This occurs with PS4 USB as output protocol, hardware configuration described above, and polling rates set to "protocol default". Setting the output rate to 125 Hz seems to improve things (can't be sure, haven't tested enough), setting input rate to anything but "protocol default" causes a complete controller disconnect. (Not just the "controller lights on but no response" - lights go off.)

Unplugging the affected controller and replugging it fixes the problem until the next occurrence. Which has sometimes been almost immediate since the PS4 7.0 update.
--------
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1935

The TL;DR - Do not private message me unless your question HAS to be private, please ask questions in a public location. I will not answer PMs that contain non-private questions.
Entropy512
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby Mad » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Several beta updates have been released since the OP.

Have you got a script running when this happens?
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi Entropy512, what game you are noticing this? I've been playing Apex Legeds and BFV on PS4 recently and is working good.

Also, when you notice the issue, this in only on XB1 controller? or the PS4 controller is also affected?

Thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Entropy512 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:17 pm

Only the XB1 controller - and it may have been the XB1 controller's USB cable going on its way out slowly over a period of 3-4 months. The association with a PS4 update may have been pure coincidence.

OP - try seeing if changing out the USB cable helps.
--------
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1935

The TL;DR - Do not private message me unless your question HAS to be private, please ask questions in a public location. I will not answer PMs that contain non-private questions.
Entropy512
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:56 pm

Entropy512 wrote:OP - try seeing if changing out the USB cable helps.

:smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device