XIM4 and T2 and PS4 PRO weird question.

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

XIM4 and T2 and PS4 PRO weird question.

Postby SweatyPapi » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:19 am

Here goes..

So the XIM4 works with the T2 on the newest firmware just fine. (Xim firmware)

However, I wanted to use XIM4 SA3 firmware for COD. The problem is that with the XIM4 and PS4 pro, the
SA3 firmware disconnects every 8 minutes. Authentication problem. I was wondering if I hooked up the T2, does the controller
Use it to authenticate or the XIM4? If it uses the T2, then I assume generally that I won’t have a auth problem, but if it is still XIM4 then I would consistently have the same auth problem. Everything works fine In updated firmware but I wanted to use SA3 beta to due to being the best firmware released.

I asked on the xim forums and they stated I either needed a original PS4 or a DS4 Version 1 controller.
SweatyPapi
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: XIM4 and T2 and PS4 PRO weird question.

Postby Mad » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Try with a second controller plugged into input B for authentication with the console.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby antithesis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:15 am

I responded on the XIM forums that I tested this today for you and had no issues using XIM 4 & SA3 with either DS4 V1 or V2 on a PS4 Pro. I playtested BO4 for an hour using a DS4 V2...no problems at all.

I didn't use a T2 in that test setup (I didn't realise you were using a T2), but I normally do with XIM 4 or APEX in INPUT-A. I don't use an auth controller in INPUT-B because it's not needed, the one attached to XIM handles the auth pings.

Make sure you have PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method set to USB Cable.

If you still experience disconnects, it's most likely the USB controller cable or power drain causing the issue (e.g circling in place). Other less likely possibilities are a faulty USB port on the controller or XIM 4.
Official Australian retailer for Titan One, Titan Two and XIM APEX at Mod Squad
antithesis
Colonel
Colonel

Postby SweatyPapi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:30 pm

antithesis wrote:I responded on the XIM forums that I tested this today for you and had no issues using XIM 4 & SA3 with either DS4 V1 or V2 on a PS4 Pro. I playtested BO4 for an hour using a DS4 V2...no problems at all.

I didn't use a T2 in that test setup (I didn't realise you were using a T2), but I normally do with XIM 4 or APEX in INPUT-A. I don't use an auth controller in INPUT-B because it's not needed, the one attached to XIM handles the auth pings.

Make sure you have PS4 > Settings > Devices > Controllers > Communication Method set to USB Cable.

If you still experience disconnects, it's most likely the USB controller cable or power drain causing the issue (e.g circling in place). Other less likely possibilities are a faulty USB port on the controller or XIM 4.

Thanks!
SweatyPapi
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Titan Two Device