USB-A Not Working At All

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

USB-A Not Working At All

Postby Chokolate » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:42 am

I took a break from playing for about 2 weeks and when I came back today I hooked up the my titan two as usual only now it is giving me AU and no LED light on UBS-A..my controller does the vibration when I connect it. When I unplug my controller the LED turns red. I got on GTuner and saw there were updates..did all of that with no luck. Device Monitor shows nothing is connected when plugged into USB-A but works on USB-B. I'm not sure what else to do so any help would be appreciated.
Chokolate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: USB-A Not Working At All

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:57 pm

Have you tried a different cable to connect the controller to Input-A? Do you have any other controller to test on Input-A? Please let me now the results for these two tests, it will help diagnose the issue. Thanks.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Chokolate » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Yes, I browsed the forums for a bit and I believe I've tried most of the basic troubleshooting options. I have 2 xbox 1 controllers and many cables to use and I've tried connecting them multiple times in different ways with no luck. I've tried reinstalling ther firmware as well.
Chokolate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Mad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:28 pm

Chokolate wrote:Yes, I browsed the forums for a bit and I believe I've tried most of the basic troubleshooting options. I have 2 xbox 1 controllers and many cables to use and I've tried connecting them multiple times in different ways with no luck. I've tried reinstalling ther firmware as well.

Try a had reset of the console by holding the power down for ~20 seconds
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby Chokolate » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:04 pm

I tried the reset and nothing changed. Here's a video I made, hopefully that helps a little.
https://vimeo.com/399520832
Chokolate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby DontAtMe » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:35 am

Is the LED Orange or Red?
I ask because the port status LED remains on without a controller connected.
DontAtMe
Captain
Captain

Postby Chokolate » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:40 am

It's red. Nothing shows up on Gtuner either for A. But B works.
Chokolate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:25 pm

This behavior is not normal. Input-B, based in your video, seems also not being working.

I think this is hardware issue. As a last test, do you have any other controller model to try, such as PS3/PS4 controller? thanks.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Chokolate » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:57 pm

J2Kbr wrote:This behavior is not normal. Input-B, based in your video, seems also not being working.

I think this is hardware issue. As a last test, do you have any other controller model to try, such as PS3/PS4 controller? thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have any other consoles.. on Gtuner both of my xbox controllers show up for USB-B "Xbox One [IN]". When I try USB-A nothing shows up. Input-A LED stays red until I plug in a controller then it turns off with no LED.

My only guess is maybe a static shock fried the input, but it was fine the last time I used it so I'm not sure.
Chokolate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:17 pm

Chokolate wrote:My only guess is maybe a static shock fried the input, but it was fine the last time I used it so I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, this is something that would explain the issue and is consistent with the described behavior.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Next

Return to Titan Two Device