authentication problem

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

authentication problem

Postby china887 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:26 pm

I use titan two and everytime I shut my xbox down the next day I use this titan two device my controller wont authenticate, I have to connect xbox controller directly to xbox to get the xbox to turn on.

I spent $300 on this device, am I able to have any support?
china887
Corporal
Corporal

Re: authentication problem

Postby china887 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:57 am

bump.
china887
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mad » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:14 pm

Are you sure it's an authentication problem (flashing AU?)
If so, you should try different USB cables.

If this is the current gen (Xbox series) console and the controller itself shuts off on console power up, it's a known issue.
You can hold down the power button on the console for it to hard reset to solve it without unplugging.
ConsoleTuner Support Team || ConsoleTuner Discord || InputSense Discord
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby china887 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:02 am

Yes current series console, yes everytime I shut my console off and power it back on, the controller wont turn on, I have to plug the controller back into the console with a cable to reauthenticate it. and then plug it back into the consoletuner.

I bought consoletuner to support the original developer of device, and now it seems we have not has any updates in a few years.

Where is j2kbr? has he died?
china887
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mad » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:16 pm

Just hard reset it when you shut down.
He's around, the Titan Two has just come back in production after years of issues with covid, chip shortage etc.
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby china887 » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:12 am

Mad wrote:Just hard reset it when you shut down.
He's around, the Titan Two has just come back in production after years of issues with covid, chip shortage etc.

it's not really ideal to have to hard reset my xbox just so i can gain control of my xbox controller again.

Is there going to be a firmware fix soon for this?
china887
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mad » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:06 pm

china887 wrote:it's not really ideal to have to hard reset my xbox just so i can gain control of my xbox controller again

You can set the console power option to shut down (energy saving)
Mad
Major General
Major General

Postby china887 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:42 am

it is already on energy saving. makes no difference
china887
Corporal
Corporal

Postby jaychulo » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:38 am

did you fixed your problem. I have the same problem with a titan two brand new and ua was just flashing and then a red light with come on. After trying everything I could I ended up buying another titan Two device. For my surprise the second one worked like a charm. So I can assure there is some manufacture issues with some of this device. I still have the broken one and today I was trying to see if I could figure out what the problem is and this is what I found. using exactly the same micro SD card from the one that work and exactly same usb cables I plugged in but I get unrecognize usb-device error on my computer. Noted I alaway use both micro-usb connection on the back of the device to plug it to my pc. so I tried plugin one at a time and see which one was giving me the error. so when I connect the one near the corner to the back right my computer can read it. if I open Gtuner I can see my titan two device alone with the serial numbers and all the files stored in the micro-sd card. further more when I connect the other usb the one in the middle. then I get the red top light on my titan two and the error message on my computer about unrecognize usb. I still can see my titan two on gtuner and the files stored on the micro sd card but slot 1-3 are empty and when I try so select any of these slot including slot 4 which is the first slot on my micro-sd the device reset and I lose connection in gtuner. so I believe something is wrong with the usb in the middle. If I connects the device just using the micro usb in the middle I get power because I can see the (0) and the top red light on the device and also a green light for A or B depending when I have my controller connected also the unrecognize error on my pc. Definity there is a problem with the usb connection in the middle.
jaychulo
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Corbis » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:49 pm

I have the same problem with a titan two brand new and ua was just flashing and then a red light with come on. After trying everything I could I ended up buying another titan Two device. For my surprise the second one worked like a charm. So I can assure there is some manufacture issues with some of this device.

that probably means they fixed something in hardware for the new batches of TitanTwo. Likely a new hardware revision.

Great! another issue with the TitanTwo and the original owners are left hanging. :smile0305:

I'm beginning to see the only reason TitanTwo is being bought is for Computer Vision. The owner knows this so he doesn't have to fix anything else.
Corbis
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Titan Two Device