Control over the Titan One thru the Titan Two?

Titan Two general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Control over the Titan One thru the Titan Two?

Postby Prototype » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Would it be possible to control some T1's variables thru the T2's code and/or T2's variables thru the T1's code? Like a T2's function to know if the controller plugged in the port B is a Titan One will have some shared variables? Or is it not possible and i have to write the same parts of the code in both scripts?
Console tuner since my 1st controller.
Scripting, a game in the game.
Believe or dare, It's Titanic! :smile0517:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Re: Control over the Titan One thru the Titan Two?

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:31 pm

You can do this by implementing a protocol over the input and outputs values, for example, using PS4_GYROZ to send commands from the Titan One to the Titan Two, and FFB_4 for the way back, from the Titan Two to the Titan One.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Prototype » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Awesome :joia: I thought to use some unused entries so you confirm my idea.
So it's also possible to control 2 Titan Two with 1 controller :joia:
You could play as 2 players with only 1 controller :innocent_smile_1:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:15 pm

prototype wrote:So it's also possible to control 2 Titan Two with 1 controller :joia: You could play as 2 players with only 1 controller :innocent_smile_1:

This is not possible, as the Titan One (and Titan Two) have only one output port. For this to work two outputs ports would be needed.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Prototype » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:33 pm

That's what i've thought after posting, control 2 Titan Two for 1 player is good but for 2 players it will not work.
Is it planned to connect 2 Titan Two together via bluetooth to get 2 outputs? :)
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:19 pm

For this purpose we can use the API (after finish it), where will be possible control two (or more) Titans Two connected to PC to send the same commands to 2 or more players at the same time. ;)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Prototype » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:37 pm

Awesome that is very good :joia:
Prototype
Major General
Major General

Postby Sillyasskid » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Just throwing this out there, for the Xbox One, there is already native support for having 2 separate controllers connected to two different inputs. And have full control over 1 input. Using the Co-Pilot mode.

I've used this many times to run some farming scripts, most notoriously farming for GTA V $$$ by doing solo races. The Yield is about $1 million every ~24 hours.

Each Titan Two had its own script, that I was able to have synchronized by communicating through the only means I could think of, the controllers FFB,
(and no not by using the ffb_set() function obviously wouldn't work. had to rely on the FFB originating from the actual game to have both controllers receive the FFB.)

The first script handle the actual racing, returning to the lobby and restarting.

The second script handle any potential errors by monitoring the in games FFB. Any unusual FBB behavior, or worse no FFB behavior, would would signify the script must be reset, it did this by preforming a sequence of recovery options first, and if I had no luck, then Id simply have the script reset the game, and put me back into the race, and if that still didn't work chances were I got disconnected from Xbox Live. So as my last counter measure I even made a macro to navigate the guide and settings and reset my xbox live connection, and try to start the game again.

This was a script I was planning on publishing, as it technically could have done just fine with only one Titan Two. It was not a huge script. But its quite dated now and each GTA V update usually has me adjusting a few controls, and every Xbox Dashboard update, always would have me adjusting the controls. Because they really cant stay consistent with the guide and the settings. Plus its no fun when you want to test something out on the Tiitan Two, but then realize you cant because its being utilized farming GTA $$$.

Bragging rights in case you think I'm full of it :whistling: ignore the wins and losses, they do not effect solo racing. Image
Last edited by Sillyasskid on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sillyasskid
Captain
Captain

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Very nice!! :)

In a related history, recently I created a special HID configuration file that allows the Titan Two communicate back with an Arduino board using the set_ffb() function. This was for a project to help disabled people where the Arduino is used as input device and the GPC script could give feedback to Arduino on the operation status.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan Two Device