What Feature Next?

Gtuner Pro general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Re: What Feature Next?

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:26 am

GTAthrowawayaccount wrote:I would have saved a whole lot of time if I just realized that the Build And Run feature lets you test a script right away without having to program it onto your T1. I didn't realize it until just now. I tested well over 100 scripts the hard way. :smile0311:

lol ...

GTAthrowawayaccount wrote:Anyways, that feature would still be nice... I guess you already thought of most of the important features though. I just need to discover how to use your software to its fullest potential.

You suggestion is already implemented :joia: But a little bit different .. with middle or right click on any deleting checkbox, it will select/deselect all 9 checkboxers.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby usa98j30t4 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:43 pm

Not sure if this is possible. I would like to see the maxremapper somehow incorporated into gamepacks. With the help of Elvish, I am going to test the remapping feature in a script.

What I would love to do is be able to remap my L1 and L2 to my R1 and R2. I cannot do this via a gamepack. I did create a maxremapper plugin and used it on the Uncharted 4 beta and it worked fantastic. I just cannot use any gamepack with it.
usa98j30t4
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 pm

correct, this is a limitation of the current design. When remappings are need, the way to go is custom scripts; implementing the remap and the MODs. The next device will not have this limitation.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby usa98j30t4 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:27 am

J2Kbr wrote:correct, this is a limitation of the current design. When remappings are need, the way to go is custom scripts; implementing the remap and the MODs. The next device will not have this limitation.

That last statement is music to my ears. Can't wait for the T2!!!!!!!
usa98j30t4

Postby Shadohz » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:35 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Thank you Shadohz for the suggestions. 1 and 3 are totally viable. 2 and 4 unfortunately no.

The authentication procedure is based in a challenge and answer scheme. The challenges are dynamically/random generated by the console. And, to produce the correct answer, the authentication algorithm needs to be implemented into the device, or via a dedicated IC (MS) or via software (Sony). The total number of possible challenges are virtually infinite. This is true for XB360, PS4 and XB1. So there is no way to store and reproduce the authentication.

And about waking up the console, it is not possible do this over USB, only wireless.

Hrrm. Okay #4 made sense but then you sorta lost me on #2. So why is it not possible for 360 Wireless Receiver to successfully complete the authentication procedure? In other words, why can't the Wireless Receiver properly answer the challenge instead of requiring you authenticate with a wired controller then plugging in the Wireless Receiver (to console)?

If the T1 did a pass-thru for authentication then acted as a emulator after the fact then that would totally make sense to me but that's not the case because it's not receiving input from a battery-less PnC controller when directly connected to the console, per MS standard. That's off-topic and separate matter. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way for the 360 Wireless Receiver to stay connected to the T1 without having to resort to repeated disconnecting. The T1 won't be worth the investment if I have to keep buying new wired controllers because they short out from repeatedly having to be reconnected. :(

Thanks again.
Shadohz
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby tOwely » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:27 am

I would love to be able to have the T1 load in to the last used slot on startup, or if you can set it so it loads up to one specifically each time instead of "0".
Maybe this is already possible, but i cant for the life of me find it.
Since i only use 1 script, its a little annoying to have to go press that button on the T1 to load profile 1 each time ive started the console.
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby GTAthrowawayaccount » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:06 am

tOwely wrote:I would love to be able to have the T1 load in to the last used slot on startup, or if you can set it so it loads up to one specifically each time instead of "0".
Maybe this is already possible, but i cant for the life of me find it.
Since i only use 1 script, its a little annoying to have to go press that button on the T1 to load profile 1 each time ive started the console.

This does exist as a feature now. In the Gtuner Pro, in the Tools toolbar, in the Options menu, open the Device tab, and click Slot Recall. The option will automatically be applied and saved when you close the menu.
GTAthrowawayaccount
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Shadohz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:58 am

Another feature I'd like to see is "Smart Script Updating".

How it would work:
1. When a user plugs their T1 to their PC with GTuner, the application checks the version number of the scripts they have downloaded and checks against the online repository.
2. If there are outdated scripted on the local PC then the scripts are updated with the online version (auto-downloaded).
2. If the outdated script exists on T1 then the user is also prompted to update the USB version as well.
3. The user should have the option to disable Smart Script Updating and change the folder location of downloaded scripts in the GTuner application.

I would image that the users would need to have separate assigned folders for downloaded scripts and working project files (e.g. *\GTuner\Downloaded Scripts, *\GTuner\Project Files, and *\Gtuner\Script Files). This would prevent accidently overwriting script files of script makers. Stamping the script file on the server-side with a Version Number in the heading should make tracking and confirmation easier. The version number would be defined by what the script maker puts in the Version field during the Publish Script process.
Example:
// GPC Online Library
// fallout_4.gpc
// version_number_1.50

This would help other gamers keep their scripts up-to-date whenever a script maker updates their content. It may also be prudent to create a Backup folder inside the Download Scripts folder where the local copy is moved prior to updating. This would convenient in the event the script maker makes an error or glitch with the script they've uploaded.
Shadohz
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:19 pm

Thank you Shadohz for the great suggestions. I'll try incorporate your ideas for the next Gtuner update! :)
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Baby Cham » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:03 am

I got 1 for you Jeff, perhaps a plugin that can edit/adjust the "wait" time, button presses and analog direction in combos in real time or on the fly. I was thinking something that has a plot section which can be edited maybe. Perhaps this feature could be added to the already existing combo magic plugin if possible. But if not, maybe on the upcoming new device software?
Baby Cham

PreviousNext

Return to Gtuner Pro Support