Driver error

Gtuner Pro general support. Operation, questions, updates, feature request.

Driver error

Postby Killlswiitch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:14 am

Hi. I haven't used my Titan one in awhile and I decided to start using it again. I have virtualbox with Windows 7. I got gtuner installed and when I connect my device I get a firmware update but I can't update just yet. I have to cancel the update because Windows tells me there is a driver error. Usbs on my virtual machines work fine I just get a driver when I connect the Titan one. I haven't used Windows in a long time (I'm a Mac guy).. Any ways a driver error sounds like I need uninstall and reinstall and I'm not even sure how to do that on a virtual machine. I'm lost, I'm not sure how to fix a driver error. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Killlswiitch
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Driver error

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:01 am

On virtual box you need 'redirect' two devices IDs (2508:0003 and 2508:8003), the first one is the Titan One's firmware and the second is the Titan One's bootloader. During normal use just the 2508:0003 is required. however, to firmware update the 2508:8003 needed.

In the VirtualBox you can set both device to be redirected automatically, this page linked below explains how to do that:

https://techtooltip.wordpress.com/2008/ ... rtual-box/

By connecting the Titan One on MAC you should be able to add the 2508:0003

Then double press the reset button of Titan One to force it enter in programming mode. When a 'P' is shown on the display, you should be able to add the 2508:8003 in the Virtual Box USB settings.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Killlswiitch » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Thanks.. i'll take a look at it.
Killlswiitch
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Killlswiitch » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Thanks again.. i finally got it working.
Killlswiitch
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Return to Gtuner Pro Support