Need Help with Crossover Xbox Elite controller on PS4

GPC1 script programming for Titan One. Code examples, questions, requests.

Need Help with Crossover Xbox Elite controller on PS4

Postby WickedWayz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:09 am

Hello, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section or if its already been discussed (I searched with no luck)...

I'm trying to use my Xbox One Elite Controller on a PS4, but so far as is or using scripts I've found.. I seem to have no luck with one of my paddles.

Basically whats happening is when I press the lower left paddle (Mapped to A on xbox so X for ps) it will jump and bring up the scoreboard at the same time (On Call Of Duty scoreboard, On Fortnite It Brings Up the Map). Which I know the scoreboard on playstation is the touchpad clicked in, where as on Xbox it is the back/select/view button depending what you want to call it (which isn't even configurable on Xbox's accessories app for remapping). So I'm trying to find a script that will fix this issue so that I can use the paddle without it controlling 2 different buttons at once, one at which I can't even remap besides scripts.

So a summary..

Lower Left Paddle on Elite controller is mapped to A so I can jump with it - Pressing it when on PS4 makes it jump(x) and open scoreboard(touchpad click) at the same time. Scoreboard on Xbox is the Back/View Button which on PS4 is Record/Share button.

Any help would be appreciated!
WickedWayz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Need Help with Crossover Xbox Elite controller on PS4

Postby J2Kbr » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:11 am

Welcome to our forums.

When using the Elite controller with the Titan One (and Titan Two) is recommended to unmap all 4 paddled in the Xbox App. Then you can do the mappings using scripts. For example, jump with Paddle 4:

Code: Select all
main {
    if(get_val(XB1_P4)) {
        set_val(XB1_P4, 0);
        set_val(PS4_CROSS, 100);
    }
}
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby WickedWayz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you for the reply and the welcome.

Okay, I'll give this a try tonight. So if I were to make the lower right paddle crouch and keep the lower left as jump, I would do the same code as above but swap out XB1_P3 and PS4_SQUARE under what you just posted?
WickedWayz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:38 am

WickedWayz wrote:Okay, I'll give this a try tonight. So if I were to make the lower right paddle crouch and keep the lower left as jump, I would do the same code as above but swap out XB1_P3 and PS4_SQUARE under what you just posted?

yes, you is correct. :smile0517:
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fitsu » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:48 am

I'm having this same problem. I'll be honest, I don't understand the basics of how to input scripts. I've used the drag and drop and everything works fine for every button except one back paddle on my Elite controller, the top right, keeps inputting both circle and touchpad when I press it. When I used the xbox app it has it as only B, and pressing B on the controller is doing circle like it's supposed to, but the paddle is still doing both. Then I just went ahead and unmapped all of the paddles in the accessories app...and it didn't affect anything. Some help would be appreciated. I don't care about any other mods or packs, I just want my paddles to work and my touch pad to be on the View button.
Fitsu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:57 am

Hi Fitsu, the very first step is confirm all 4 paddles are unmapped in the Xbox App. To check that, connect the Titan One to PC with the Elite controller plugged and open the Device Monitor of Gtuner Pro. Check if only the entries XB1_P1, XB1_P2, XB1_P3 and XB1_P4 are activate when you press the paddles. No other button should activate.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fitsu » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Honestly the bigger issue right now is that it won't stop trying to authenticate and disconnecting my controller.
Fitsu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:55 am

Hi Fitsu, Please note for crossover play on PS4 with the Titan One (i.e. use XB1 controller on PS4) there are two options. One is the partial crossover support, which has a 7 to 10 minutes reconnection. The reconnection takes less than 1 second and, in most cases, can't be noticed. The PS4 partial crossover is disabled by default and it must enabled in the device settings.

The second option is use the MaxAim DI plugin, here you don't need to worry about reconnection, however this approach requires you to have a PC near to the PS4. The MaxAim DI captures the inputs from the Xbox One controller connected on PC, converts these inputs according to layout you made and, through the Titan One device, it sends your commands to console.

For example, the connections required to use on PS4:

(1) Titan One on PS4
(2) Titan One on PC (mini-USB cable)
(3) PS4 controller on Titan One
(4) Your preferable controller on PC

Our new device, the Titan Two, does not have this limitation. It also supports controller's headsets and the PS4 controller speaker, please check this page for more details:

http://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index.php?id=start
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby Fitsu » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:45 am

I'm using the Titan 2 and still having this issue.

Although if I use the xbox controller in b port it seems to be okay...but then it's not using the script I want for some reason. I've got to be missing something somewhere. I'm sure this is user error at this point; I'm just trying to figure out where my error is.
Fitsu
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Scachi » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:54 am

Fitsu wrote:I'm using the Titan 2 and still having this issue.

Although if I use the xbox controller in b port it seems to be okay...but then it's not using the script I want for some reason. I've got to be missing something somewhere. I'm sure this is user error at this point; I'm just trying to figure out where my error is.

Did you do this setting on your ps4 ?
Without this usb setting the scripts may have no effect as the t2 can be ignored by the PS4.

First-time Configuration:

On PlayStation 4, enable wired communication:
Settings → Devices → Controllers → Communication Method: Use USB Cable.

https://www.consoletuner.com/wiki/index ... aystation4
Scachi
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Next

Return to GPC1 Script Programming