[MaxAim DI] feature request + 1 question

Gtuner Plugins support. MaxAim, MaxRemapper, Combo Magick, Game Rec.

[MaxAim DI] feature request + 1 question

Postby rocketdust » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello,

I am one of the people who like using a mouse because when using a controller stick my character lacks any sort of decent motor functions whatsoever :)

I finally managed to get my MaxAim DI to no longer make COD BO2 look like an MS Dos program with mouse support. Turns out you want high DPI on the mouse, not high sensitivity in mouse settings in maxaim di. You live, you learn. And I'm glad I stuck with it, because otherwise I would have requested a refund or sold the titan one.

On to the features I would like to see. When Xbox goes idle, maxaim di window is still in capture mode, yet every option is grayed out, and windows regains mouse control, but maxaim di has no clue it lost capture mode, neither does it respond to CTRL + Esc. So the only way to go around this is to kill the maxaim di window, and then restart it, and then click capture mode again. The feature request would be to make sure MaxAim DI keeps input control regardless of what the xbox says my controller should do (turn off for example if a wifi controller is idle for a long time).

Second feature is mouse settings window. I can't have mouse settings open and just go in an and out of capture input mode. Therefore, to change a setting, I would have to hit ctrl + esc, ctrl + m, change setting, hit OK, click capture again. 5 steps instead of 3 (get out of capture mode, change setting in the already open window, hit capture again).

Third feature request is: can we add mousewheel LEFT and RIGHT as assignable inputs? My G9x for example has a "click" type feel when you push the mouse wheel to the left or right.

Fourth feature: allow us to customize or add a button for each menu option. For example, rather than hitting ctrl + m (or navigating through menus) for mouse options, could we have a button on the toolbar?

And for the last thing, a question: why is it that the input mode from maxaim di disables the capability of titanone to load a gamepack? I can understand that aiming with a mouse button only has one level of input - 100%, but besides that normal hardware limitation, what's different?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for making the device. It's definitely allowed me to finally play with my friends on xbox. PC gamers suck at using controllers.
rocketdust
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: [MaxAim DI] feature request + 1 question

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:20 am

rocketdust wrote:Hello, I am one of the people who like using a mouse because when using a controller stick my character lacks any sort of decent motor functions whatsoever :) I finally managed to get my MaxAim DI to no longer make COD BO2 look like an MS Dos program with mouse support. Turns out you want high DPI on the mouse, not high sensitivity in mouse settings in maxaim di. You live, you learn. And I'm glad I stuck with it, because otherwise I would have requested a refund or sold the titan one.

I'm glad you got it work. I know what you mean, MaxAim DI is very customizable, what makes it not so user friendly as we wish. I have couple ideas to make more easy configure the mouse settings, hopefully soon I'll have time to implement it.

rocketdust wrote:On to the features I would like to see. When Xbox goes idle, maxaim di window is still in capture mode, yet every option is grayed out, and windows regains mouse control, but maxaim di has no clue it lost capture mode, neither does it respond to CTRL + Esc. So the only way to go around this is to kill the maxaim di window, and then restart it, and then click capture mode again. The feature request would be to make sure MaxAim DI keeps input control regardless of what the xbox says my controller should do (turn off for example if a wifi controller is idle for a long time).

This is clearly a bug. If the OS regains the mouse, MaxAim should automatically exit capture mode. I'll take a look and fix it.

rocketdust wrote:Second feature is mouse settings window. I can't have mouse settings open and just go in an and out of capture input mode. Therefore, to change a setting, I would have to hit ctrl + esc, ctrl + m, change setting, hit OK, click capture again. 5 steps instead of 3 (get out of capture mode, change setting in the already open window, hit capture again).

A easy way to implement it is automate this steps. Let's say you are in capture mode, then you hit a ctrl-m, MaxAim automatically exit capture mode and open the mouse settings. As soon you hit OK, it goes back to capture mode. What do you think about this?

rocketdust wrote:Third feature request is: can we add mousewheel LEFT and RIGHT as assignable inputs? My G9x for example has a "click" type feel when you push the mouse wheel to the left or right.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of Microsoft's Direct input. It only recognizes up to 5 mouse buttons.

rocketdust wrote:Fourth feature: allow us to customize or add a button for each menu option. For example, rather than hitting ctrl + m (or navigating through menus) for mouse options, could we have a button on the toolbar?

This will be a little bit harder to implement. For two reasons, first the components I'm using on toolbar are not meant to be user customizable, but there is ways to overcome this limitation. Second is the available space on toolbar. What we could do is replace the message "Hit Crtl-Esc to exit capture mode" with some shortcut buttons, like mouse settings. But I'm afraid new users will not realize they need press Crtl-Esc to regain the mouse/keyboard control.

rocketdust wrote:And for the last thing, a question: why is it that the input mode from maxaim di disables the capability of titanone to load a gamepack? I can understand that aiming with a mouse button only has one level of input - 100%, but besides that normal hardware limitation, what's different?

This is a design limitation. The output data from a plugin is not in the same format used by the GPC Virtual Machine. Thats why you can't use scripts/gamepacks running on device along with a Gtuner's plugin. However, MaxAim DI is capable to run GPC scripts internally, so you can have any MOD of a GamePack on MaxAim DI. I play BF4 on PS4 with MaxAim and rapidfire, auto-spot and couple of other MODs. Lot of fun!! :joia:

rocketdust wrote:Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for making the device. It's definitely allowed me to finally play with my friends on xbox. PC gamers suck at using controllers.

You are welcome!! And I thank you for supporting us.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby rocketdust » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Support J2K wrote:I'm glad you got it work. I know what you mean, MaxAim DI is very customizable, what makes it not so user friendly as we wish. I have couple ideas to make more easy configure the mouse settings, hopefully soon I'll have time to implement it.

That sounds awesome. Just FYI, I didn't find the options particularly overwhelming, I just didn't RTFM. I don't know if there is documentation for every option, explaining its effect or not, because I just went ahead and tested each. More fun for me, although it means I'm lazy. :innocent_smile_1:

Support J2K wrote:This is clearly a bug. If the OS regains the mouse, MaxAim should automatically exit capture mode. I'll take a look and fix it.

Awesome, thank you.

Support J2K wrote:A easy way to implement it is automate this steps. Let's say you are in capture mode, then you hit a ctrl-m, MaxAim automatically exit capture mode and open the mouse settings. As soon you hit OK, it goes back to capture mode. What do you think about this?

I think that's brilliant.

Support J2K wrote:Unfortunately this is a limitation of Microsoft's Direct input. It only recognizes up to 5 mouse buttons.

I understand. Didn't know that, thank you.

Support J2K wrote:This will be a little bit harder to implement. For two reasons, first the components I'm using on toolbar are not meant to be user customizable, but there is ways to overcome this limitation. Second is the available space on toolbar. What we could do is replace the message "Hit Crtl-Esc to exit capture mode" with some shortcut buttons, like mouse settings. But I'm afraid new users will not realize they need press Crtl-Esc to regain the mouse/keyboard control.

This was actually my bad, it's really an attempt at making it easier to get to mouse options. If you manage to implement your brilliant idea above, this would be useless. Besides, making it easier to access mouse options would be beneficial to initial setup really. Once you get it set up, you don't use this feature as much, if at all.

Support J2K wrote:This is a design limitation. The output data from a plugin is not in the same format used by the GPC Virtual Machine. Thats why you can't use scripts/gamepacks running on device along with a Gtuner's plugin. However, MaxAim DI is capable to run GPC scripts internally, so you can have any MOD of a GamePack on MaxAim DI. I play BF4 on PS4 with MaxAim and rapidfire, auto-spot and couple of other MODs. Lot of fun!! :joia:

Oh cool, I didn't realize that. Thanks :)
rocketdust
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Suggestions annotated!! :joia: I'll be working on that this week.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby tOwely » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:19 pm

rocketdust wrote:Hello,

Third feature request is: can we add mousewheel LEFT and RIGHT as assignable inputs? My G9x for example has a "click" type feel when you push the mouse wheel to the left or right.

I have the same thing on my G700.
But I just remapped moving the scroll wheel to normal keyboard buttons in the Logitech software.
So when you assign it in MaxAim it will just take it as for example "O" if you set it to that in the logitech software.
This is true for any button on your mouse, i have 7 extra buttons on my mouse, and i have remapped them all in the Logitech software, and then just assigned them as normal in MaxAim. Works like a charm :) (For others, most gaming mice can do this same function with their respective brands software)
Just make sure its buttons you wont use normally, i normally use buttons that are placed on the right side of the keyboard, since you rarely bind those when gaming anyway.

This is BTW also true for all PC games and such where you can have the same issue. (been using it for years now)
So just create a separate Gaming profile on your mouse, and switch to that when gaming. (if you want the buttons to work differently in windows.)
tOwely
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 pm

I just released a new version of MaxAim, that includes the crtl-m shortcut!! Awesome idea, I already got used to it!! :D

But, I was not able to reproduce the issue when XBox One goes idle. Can you explain how it happens? In my test I had the Titan One on XB1 and PC, running MaxAim, and a XB1 controller on Titan One with usb cable. I waited until the XBox One turned off, but nothing happened, everything normal.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Gtuner Plugins Support