Ps4 Authentication help

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Ps4 Authentication help

Postby Boogierobot » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:29 am

Hello, I am looking into getting a Titan One, and have a ps4 and xbox one. I am looking to use a xbox one controller on the ps4. I know that the ps4 requires authentication every 30 seconds, and i heard you can set it to do it roughly every 10 minutes. It also said that it takes "less than a second" to authenticate. However, if I wanted to use the controller wired, do I need to unplug the cable and replug it back in???? Or will it just do it automatically, turning the controller on and off again?? Is it really "less than a second", as having a controller disconnect constantly is VERY annoying (i had a xbox 360 controller where the battery pack was loose, and if you bumped it, then it would disconnect, getting me killed in game constantly). I need some clarification on how this works exactly, as I am completely confused. Thanks ahead of time to all posts because I will probably forget.

-Boogierobot
Boogierobot
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Ps4 Authentication help

Postby IlmlI » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:44 am

I tried .My experience is that it won't re authenticate itself,it back to blue background menu,it's unplayable when I play COD multiple players.
IlmlI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:23 am

Boogierobot wrote:Hello, I am looking into getting a Titan One, and have a ps4 and xbox one. I am looking to use a xbox one controller on the ps4. I know that the ps4 requires authentication every 30 seconds, and i heard you can set it to do it roughly every 10 minutes. It also said that it takes "less than a second" to authenticate.

Correct.

Boogierobot wrote:However, if I wanted to use the controller wired, do I need to unplug the cable and replug it back in???? Or will it just do it automatically, turning the controller on and off again??

No, the process is totally automatic. The PS4 will popup the message "controller disconnected" -> "controller connected" and, depending of how the game was programed, it can enter in the pause menu. This usually does not happens when playing multiplayer sessions.

Boogierobot wrote:Is it really "less than a second",

Yes, it is less than one second. Actually it is less than half second.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:25 am

IlmlI wrote:I tried .My experience is that it won't re authenticate itself,it back to blue background menu,it's unplayable when I play COD multiple players.

you must be doing something wrong. Here is a user experience:
archangelxx wrote:If anyone is searching for the compatibility of this topic please read.

I received my titan one today and tried it as I wanted with Destiny. I am happy to report that it works the way that it is described. With that said I will address the partial reconnection issue. While playing you will lose control for about half a second. Then you regain control. Yes this could be an issue if you are playing multiplayer. My opinion is that it isn't a big deal. I'll be doing some pvp but mostly pve and raids. Even with this minor issue it allows me to use my controller of choice with this console. Well done on the Titan one.

Now support personal please listen. While this works now don't stop and say this is good enough. Make this process better and make this minor issue of the short pause non existent.

Thank you.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby perfecthuntr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:28 pm

You can also make your own script or add some code to an existing script to allow you to control when this process occurs. That would be useful if you wanted to use some sort of button combination to do this while you are waiting to respawn or waiting for matchmaking or on loading screens.
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby stanleyps4 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:56 am

I just read this..thread and I would really like to know how to do the script thing in order to force the authentication to the moment I want to...but I had no Idea on how to program the device Titan One...is there a way of making it simpler to unexperienced users like me (a sort of video or something similar)... I'm really but really tired of being killed just the moment it disconnects...sincerely grateful...awaiting an answer... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :roll: :roll: :roll:
stanleyps4
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:19 am

stanleyps4 wrote:I just read this..thread and I would really like to know how to do the script thing in order to force the authentication to the moment I want to...but I had no Idea on how to program the device Titan One...is there a way of making it simpler to unexperienced users like me (a sort of video or something similar)... I'm really but really tired of being killed just the moment it disconnects...sincerely grateful...awaiting an answer... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Support for this procedure was added a couple of firmware updates ago. You can use the basic script found in the documentation or modify it to suit your needs. It could be setup to produce a warning LED flash / controller rumble so that you could manually re-authenticate at your earliest convenience. You can set this up to occur when you perform a button combination as well - say pressing the two thumbstick buttons in at the same time.

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/misc_ ... connection
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby stanleyps4 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:02 am

Hello...I'm here again trying to understand the way Titan One has to be programmend...I need help...well I'm using the visual GPC builder in order to first switch the mapping for the ps4 of the share button since it gives me trouble when playing COD AW...when during the game I try to check the K/D stats in the playlist...corerct me if I'm doing something wrong I got this code:
//
// Fri Jun 19 2015 11:53:38
// Script generated by Visual to GPC
//----------------------------------------

main {
swap(PS4_SHARE, PS3_SELECT);
}
Is it correct? taking into consideration that I just wanto to use select on my DS4 the same way I use it on my ps3...hope you could help me..really apreciate your support...
stanleyps4
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby perfecthuntr » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:37 am

Share and select are the same buttons so that script is not doing anything. What are you trying to swap?
perfecthuntr
Major
Major

Postby stanleyps4 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Let me try to make it clear...on my DS3 one of the functions assigned duting matches is to access the play list (PS3), something you check after being killed regularly...but on the DS4 takes me to a screen where I can share my screen capture or a video taken from the match itself...so my problem is to use on my PS$ the select button as if it were the select on the DS3...some game packs as the one for Destiny and Dying light have it included the switch but I want to learn how to make my own scripts...I think I'm not using the full customize availability of the Titan One...thanks for your time...
stanleyps4
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Next

Return to Titan One Device