Map Mouse to Xbox One Controller

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

Map Mouse to Xbox One Controller

Postby ibrahem_mn » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:23 pm

Dear Friends ,

I'm using trinus VR , so as to experience VR by easy cheap way .

Every thing is great so far but I need to map the sensor motion that I got from my phone which is transferred to laptop as mouse motion to xbox controller which is connected to same PC .

I think it's pretty doable .

I need to interrupt XBOX Controller right thumb stick and send instead mouse signal received from smartphone.

Do I need Titan one so as to achieve this goal or just I need to manipulate some SW.

thanks
ibrahem_mn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Map Mouse to Xbox One Controller

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 pm

You can achieve that using the Titan One and the MaxAim DI plugin. It is a similar situation where the Titan One and MaxAim are used to support steering wheels on consoles.The video below shows how this setup works for a steering wheel, the approach is mostly the same for a VR.

ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ibrahem_mn » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:12 pm

I do thank you for brief support , so far I can transfer the motion from phone sensors trough trinus VR to PC then to X1 , but the problem that the trinusVR app sends the vedio singal for the active window on the desktop , meanwhile the active window should be the MAXaim window , I tried to record Macro to run Maxaim and then switch window to Xbox app (to stream Xbox from PC to phone ) but sadly the Maxaim didn't work ...

so do you have any ideas ..... ?
ibrahem_mn
Private First Class
Private First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:21 pm

Correct. This behavior is expected. The MaxAim DI utilizes the Win32 Direct Input API to capture the keyboard and mouse inputs. The API automatically exits the MaxAim from capture mode if its window loses focus (not the active window). Unfortunately this is something inherent to the Win32 API and there is no much we can do about.

there is nothing we can do to workaround that on the trinus VR side?
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby AKHUGHES90 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:15 pm

J2Kbr wrote:Correct. This behavior is expected. The MaxAim DI utilizes the Win32 Direct Input API to capture the keyboard and mouse inputs. The API automatically exits the MaxAim from capture mode if its window loses focus (not the active window). Unfortunately this is something inherent to the Win32 API and there is no much we can do about.

there is nothing we can do to workaround that on the trinus VR side?

This would be a good feature if we could find how to run it as a background process. Would allow to stream xbox to pc and still use Titan One. Maybe in the Titan Twos software.
"We always start with completing the difficult. It just takes us a little longer to do the impossible."
Console Tuner Support Team®
AKHUGHES90
Major
Major

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Correct. this is something that has been getting alot of request lately ....
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby FCB77 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:49 pm

what about capturing the keyboard and mouse inputs using a global keyboard and mouse hook using the SetWindowsHookEx Windows API.
FCB77
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:06 am

FCB77 wrote:what about capturing the keyboard and mouse inputs using a global keyboard and mouse hook using the SetWindowsHookEx Windows API.

The problem with that is the mouse and keyboard inputs are still accessible to the system UI and other application. Imagine you playing, moving the mouse around and clicking .... you will be accidentally activating lot stuff on the computer.
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device