destiny gamepack with xbox elite controller on ps4

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

destiny gamepack with xbox elite controller on ps4

Postby saguyer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I have been testing this setup. There seems to be a bug in the gamepack. Anytime I activate sprint (mapped to Xbox Elite P4 -- lower left paddle) ... the share screen pops up. I have tried multiple configs for the gamepack, same issue. The

Easy Sprint (Class 8) was turned OFF.

This does _not_ happen when I use my own GPC script.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
saguyer
Corporal
Corporal

Re: destiny gamepack with xbox elite controller on ps4

Postby J2Kbr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Correct, the paddles of the xbox Elite utilizes the same index position of the PS4 touch click. And, the Gamepack, remaps the share button when using other controller, but a PS4 controller. I'll need fix this specifics in the Gamepack, unfortunately I can only do that after Jan 11th.

A little bit of background in this matter. The USB host engine of the Titan One reads the raw data from the controller, convert the input values to a correspondent percentage form and place the result in a common structure. This structure is the same for all compatible protocols (PS3, PS4, Xbox, etc) to make easy the protocol conversion. When adding support for the Elite paddles, I had to choose where store the paddles values within this structure, which ended to be the indexes 24, 25, 26, 27. The index 27, however, is used to store the touch click for PS4 protocol. For that reason the paddled "seems" to be mapped to the touch click. I noticed that during the tests and judged useful have the touch click accessible by a paddle by default. However, it can have side effect on the Gamepacks, which will have to updated to support then Elite controller properly.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby saguyer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Got it, appreciate the info.

Out of curiosity, have you considered open sourcing the gamepacks? This would, in theory, federate the workload a bit.

I understand if you have to protect intellectual property.

Best.
saguyer
Corporal
Corporal

Postby saguyer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:57 am

So I've gone off to try to script what I want from the gamepack myself. It's working well with the exception of one major sticking point and I think it relates to your comments above.

To get the XB1_P4 paddle to stop sending PS4_TOUCH, I had to ... unmap XB1_P4.

However, after having done so, I cannot find any way to make another event combination send the PS4_TOUCH event. I can set PS4_TOUCHX and PS4_TOUCHY and see them in the Device Monitor. But PS4_TOUCH won't trigger.

If I do not unmap XB1_P4, PS4_TOUCH can be sent for any event combination I want. However, it is always sent on XB1_P4, which is bad for me.

Any suggestions for work arounds?

Thanks!
saguyer
Corporal
Corporal

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:49 am

saguyer wrote:Got it, appreciate the info. Out of curiosity, have you considered open sourcing the gamepacks? This would, in theory, federate the workload a bit. I understand if you have to protect intellectual property. Best.

There was a time that I was more protective in this matter. However this changed.

saguyer wrote:So I've gone off to try to script what I want from the gamepack myself. It's working well with the exception of one major sticking point and I think it relates to your comments above. To get the XB1_P4 paddle to stop sending PS4_TOUCH, I had to ... unmap XB1_P4. However, after having done so, I cannot find any way to make another event combination send the PS4_TOUCH event. I can set PS4_TOUCHX and PS4_TOUCHY and see them in the Device Monitor. But PS4_TOUCH won't trigger. If I do not unmap XB1_P4, PS4_TOUCH can be sent for any event combination I want. However, it is always sent on XB1_P4, which is bad for me. Any suggestions for work arounds? Thanks!

My suggestion is deal with the P4 on the code, without use unmap, something like this:

Code: Select all
main {
    if(get_val(XB1_P4)) {

//
        // Execute any code associated with P4 here
        //

set_val(PS4_TOUCH, 0);
    }
}
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army