[Xbox One] Question Before Purchasing

Titan One general support. Questions, firmware update, feature request.

[Xbox One] Question Before Purchasing

Postby dezert » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:51 am

I've been reading for a few days now, deciding between modded controller and the Titan One. I keep reading that I need to by a $30 wireless adapter with the Titan One in order for it to work on Xbox One. Is that true?
[I own one wireless xbox one controller, no wired controllers]
dezert
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: [Xbox One] Question Before Purchasing

Postby Elvish » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Your wireless controller should have a charging port, correct? On the back? If it is a brand name Xbox One controller it does.

I purchased a plug and play kit which included the charging cable for the controller so I use that to connect to the Titan One. However most android phone chargers work just as well to connect your controller to the Titan One.

So no, you do not need to purchase a wireless dongle. Though you obviously would have to be hard wired to the xbox with your controller.
Elvish
Captain
Captain

Postby dezert » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks for the help. I do have the USB-micro USB cord from my Android phone and my wireless controller does have the charging port.

So that cable goes from the usb input on Titan One to the charging port on my Xbox Wireless controller?

I assume the controller will still connect to XBox wirelessly as usual - the Titan One just needs to interface with controller through charging port.

So Titan One plugs into Xbox and then to charging port on wireless controller. Is that it?

Again, thanks, I'm new to consoles and I want to be sure that's all I need before I purchase.

Edit: Also, instead of opening a new thread, will Titan One support continue for a significant amount of time after the Titan 2 is released?
dezert
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:43 pm

dezert wrote:So that cable goes from the usb input on Titan One to the charging port on my Xbox Wireless controller?

Correct! :)

dezert wrote:I assume the controller will still connect to XBox wirelessly as usual - the Titan One just needs to interface with controller through charging port.

No, all the communication happen thru the cable.

dezert wrote:So Titan One plugs into Xbox and then to charging port on wireless controller. Is that it?

Correct.

dezert wrote:Edit: Also, instead of opening a new thread, will Titan One support continue for a significant amount of time after the Titan 2 is released?

No doubts about that. Both device will coexist and be supported at the same time. We will not stop manufacturing and supporting the Titan One.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby dezert » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Thank you for the assistance! Just purchased via Amazon.
dezert
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby J2Kbr » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Thank you for supporting the Titan One! :)
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Return to Titan One Device