SOLVED: Wiimote Won't Sync

Wiimote tutorials, configurations and GPC scripts (FPS like in Nintendo Wii/WiiU).

Moderator: OFC-Giorgio

SOLVED: Wiimote Won't Sync

Postby ofc-hazard » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:05 am

Received my Titan 1 and went through the setup including loading up the COD and BF scripts (big shout out to my clanmate Giorgio). After plugging the bluetooth dongle into the Titan One and inserting the Titan One into the PS3, I found that my controller won't sync. I went into the options menu and clicked the checkbox for Wiimote synching, but still no luck even after pushing the sync button 25+ times. Thinking that maybe my cheap BT dongle was the problem, I bought another one from a local retailer, but it still won't sync. I have to assume that the problem is with the sensor bar, Wiimote, or Titan One, although everything powers up.

One other note - when I plug the BT dongle into my laptop, the end of it lights up completely, but when I plug the Titan One + BT dongle into the PS3, the BT dongle doesn't light up indicating that it isn't active I presume.

Any ideas/suggestions?
ofc-hazard
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Wiimote Won't Sync

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 am

The syncing has nothing to do with the sensorbar (since the sensorbar with it's led lights is only used by the wiimote controller to determine it's pointing position).

I think it is an incompatible BT dongle. Did you order it from the same shop (extrememods?) where you ordered the titan one?

I have a BT dongle from extrememods where I ordered my titan one and it works fine.

I have an Asus BT400 that works fine.

I have a sitecom BT 3.0 that works fine but I also tried a sitecom BT 4.0 that DID NOT WORK.
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: SOLVED: Wiimote Won't Sync

Postby OFC-Giorgio » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:35 am

Hazard elsewhere wrote:As luck would have it, the problem was with the cheap knock-off wiimote.

Ok so yes you need an official wiimote (both the old white one and the newer black one with the motion plus work for me).
OFC-Giorgio
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby SwampYeti » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Just received a brand new official Nintendo Wii remote with motion plus that wont sync.
Have 3 others that I have no problem with, just this one. When the lights are flashing on the remote, and on the Titan, it looks like its about to lock in on the Titan(go to 0), but never does. I have another bluetooth adapter on the way from extreme mods. Currently using Asus BT400. Not the end of the world, since I have 3 that do work... Not sure why this one wont sync. Will report on whether a different bluetooth makes a difference.
SwampYeti
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:38 am

to start the sync/connection you are pressing the buttons 1 and 2, correct? Please try using the sync button (red) on the back of the wiimote.
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby SwampYeti » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:23 am

I am using the sync (red) button. (I didnt know you could sync any other way)
3 Other Wii remotes sync just fine (with red button). Its just the brand new one I got yesterday. It is genuine Nintendo brand remote.
SwampYeti
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Postby J2Kbr » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:41 am

ok, got it .. then use the 1 and 2 buttons technique. it should sync with Titan One. Here you can find a more detailed step-by-step guide:

http://www.consoletuner.com/kbase/wiimo ... nsions.htm
ConsoleTuner Support Team
J2Kbr
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby SwampYeti » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:58 am

Yes that worked. (Holding 1 & 2) Thank You!
SwampYeti
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Wiimote, Nunchuk and Sensorbar